1. Do you have to report an arrest if you were not convicted?
    No. You only need to report an arrest if you were convicted
  2. Do you have to report traffic violations and/or automobile accidents? 
    Yes, if a traffic ticket was issued and you were fined over $1,000
  3. What happens if you can't obtain certified court documents and police reports on convictions?
    You must submit written proof from the court or police department specifying inability to locate the required documents. The Board verifies this and bases its decision on other substantial information (e.g., letters of recommendation, evidence of rehabilitation, etc.)
  4. What happens if you fail to disclose all or part of your convictions?
    Failure to disclose all or part of your convictions may be grounds for disciplinary action as you falsified information required on your renewal of licensure.
  5. Do you have to report convictions if you were under 18 years old and tried as an adult? 
    Yes. If you were under 18 years of age, but were tried and convicted as an adult, you are required to disclose the conviction.
  6. Do you have to report non-payment of child support?
    No. However, if your case is in the District Attorney's (DA) Office for non-payment, the DA notifies the Department of Consumer Affairs Family Support Unit. If you are deemed eligible for licensure, your license is issued on a temporary basis for 150 days. If at the end of that time period, you have not established a payment agreement with the DA's Office, your license is suspended

If you ever find yourself in need of any legal help related to nursing, please contact Illinois Nurse Defense Attorney James B. Goldberg at (312) 735-1185 or visit his website goldberglicensing.com