Developing and maintaining a professional presence is vital to your success as a real estate agent. Your image is projected through your:
- Appearance – tidy clothing, hair, accessories, makeup. Should be appropriate for your office and local market. Avoid perfume/cologne and revealing clothing (i.e., nothing too tight, too short or too low cut).
- Face-to-face meetings – good eye contact, positive body language. Strive to be attentive, engaging and courteous.
- Marketing and advertising materials –quality photos and accurate, compelling text. Should be free of grammatical and spelling mistakes.
- Phone calls – articulate, engaging and courteous.
- Web presence – carefully planned Web site, engaging social media. Should be free of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.
- Written communications – well-written letters, emails and texts free of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.